Week Three was a good week. I will talk about Week 1 and 2 in the next post.
Made it to the pool on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
I was in the pool a total of 385 minutes this week. Today I did a class and a half or 90 minutes of water aerobics in the deep water. On Saturday's is the only day I do a instructor lead class. The instructor does a good job moving us through different exercises and it is a fast pace class. It is deep water so your feet never touch the bottom. Most people in the class either use a float belt or a water horse. I use neither so part of my work out is staying afloat while doing the exercise.
A float belt is a neoprene covered foam with a belt through it you strap around your waste for flotation. A water horse float is two rectangular pieces of foam sewn into a nylon case with a gusset that goes between your legs. So one rectangle is in front, one in back and the strap that attaches the two goes between your legs. This also helps you float.
I chose to do the class using no flotation. For 30 minutes of the second class I used a set of water barbell resistant weights. This gives me arms a work out. But be careful, gripping them for a long time can cramp your fingers and hurt your wrists. We also used a noodle in the class. The noodle can strengthen your core and help with balance.
Deep water is also good for people who do not want impact on their joints, because you never touch the bottom. If you have access to a pool and can go in the deep well or deep end try running in the water, keep vertical, think about the bottom of your feet and pulling the water. Pump your arms, and scoop your hands like you are running and you will move through the water. Try going backwards. To move pull with the top of your feet and push with your hands.
Hope everyone has a Great Day tomorrow! Hope it is Sunny and Warm where you are!
WaterMOM
No comments:
Post a Comment